Launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministère des Affaires Etrangères), the Eiffel Scholarship is designed to bolster international recruiting by French schools of higher education at a time when competition to attract top foreign students is growing amongst developed countries. Note that applications from students currently studying outside France will be given priority over those from students already studying in France.
- Only admitted candidates (Full-time option) can apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates aged 30 years old or less
- Non-French nationality candidates only (applicants with dual nationality, one of which is French, are not eligible).
- Candidates who have already been awarded the Eiffel scholarship at master’s level (not eligible at the same level, but can nevertheless reapply at a doctoral level)
- Applications from candidates who have applied previously and been rejected, even if they are submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
N.B.: The Eiffel scholarship is not cumulative with any other French government scholarship or award.
Amount of Award: The Eiffel Scholarship provides participants with a monthly allowance of approximately €1,100, and covers additional expenses including travel, health insurance and cultural activities. Tuition fees are not covered by the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Within 1 week of admission. No essay required
For those admitted and confirmed before 27th December 2015: 21st March 2016
For those admitted and confirmed after 27th December 2015: March 2017
*For more information, visit the Campus France website: http://www.campusfrance.org/en/EIFFEL