Launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministère des Affaires Etrangères), the Eiffel Scholarship is designed to bolster international recruiting and to attract top foreign students to French schools of higher education.
Note that applications from students currently studying outside of France will be given priority over those students already studying in France.
- Only admitted candidates can apply for this scholarship
- Candidates must be 30 years old or younger
- Non-French nationality candidates only (applicants with dual nationality, one of which is French, are not eligible)
- Candidates who have already been awarded the Eiffel Scholarship at the master’s level (not eligible at the same level, but can nevertheless reapply at a doctoral level)
- Applications from candidates who have applied previously and been rejected, even if they are submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
Please Note: The Eiffel Scholarship is not cumulative with any other French government scholarship or award.
Amount of Award: The Eiffel Scholarship provides participants with a monthly allowance of approximately €1,100, and covers additional expenses including travel, health insurance and cultural activities. Tuition fees are not covered by the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Within 1 week of admission. No essay required.
For those admitted and confirmed after 1/01/18: March 2019
For those admitted and confirmed after 1/01/19 : March 2020
For more information, visit the Campus France website: http://www.campusfrance.org/en/EIFFEL