Michael Segalla is Professor of Management at HEC Paris in Jouy-en-Josas, France. He is Franco-American, earned a Masters in Political Science and International Relations and a Ph.D. in Organisational Studies and Labour Relations (University of Iowa). He taught Management, Human Resource, Organisational Behaviour, and Industrial Relations at McGill University in Montreal, City University of New York in New York City, and was a faculty member of the City University of New York - Cornell University Masters of Science in Industrial Relations. He was a visiting scholar at the ILO in Geneva in 1985 and a visiting professor at the University of Florida in 1998-99. In 1991 he was awarded a Franco-American Commission for Education Exchange Inter-foundation Grant. For many years he was the coordinator of the CEMS Organisational Behaviour Inter-Faculty Group. Some of his key projects and achievements over the past decade include:
- 2012 - certified by the French Comité du secret statistique, for access to the DADS national database.
- 2012 - earned the HEC Paris "Top Ten" Award for research productivity during 2009-2011 period.
- 2012 - interviewed on China Radio International, 10 August 2012, (world-wide transmission) by Zhao Yang, and Robert Costelloe, Broadcast Journalists, China Radio International on the topic of "Brain Drain in the EU".
- 2012 - Presented with the 2012 Honour Award, Luxembourg Awards Human Resources 2012. HR ONE, 10th Anniversary GALA.
- 2012 - CWT 78 Bizdays mobile app released on the Apple Store. The app helps find the best day and hour for international conferences and is based on my HBR article "Why Mumbai at 1 PM Is the Center of the Business World".
- 2013 - Invited to join the Tocqueville Foundation of France to assist in the creation of an International Philanthropy Prize design to encourage university students to make individual and collective contributions to civil society.
He is co-editor of European Cases of Organisational Behaviour and Change (1996, Sage) and has published articles in International Studies Quarterly, The Arbitration Journal, La lettre de l'European Financial Marketing Association, Relations Industrielles - Industrial Relations, Die Bank - Zeitschrift für Bankpolitik und Bankpraxis, Revue Française de Gestion, Journal of Managerial Psychology, The Financial Times, Les Echos, the European Management Journal, Academy of Management Perspectives, and in several editions of the Harvard Business Review.