What is an MBA Project?
MBA Projects take place during the customized phase. MBA Projects are often seen as an ideal way to gain experience in a new sector and/or in a new job function. They are done throughout an entire term, earning 24 credits.
The choice to do an MBA Project is entirely up to the student.
A project can be carried out individually or in a team and be done anywhere in the world. It is therefore a great opportunity to work with some of the best minds and companies from all over the globe.
Goals of the MBA Project
The goal of the program is to provide students with a real-world learning experience while providing exceptional value to client companies. Students gain the invaluable insight into client management, the ability to manage an international project with a diverse team of stakeholders, and other skills associated with future success in consulting.
MBA Project Examples
- How to help Company W transform into an online leader?
- What is the potential market for product X in China?
- How to organize innovation in Company Y?
- What should Company Z’s strategic plan be for 2018-2020?
- How to develop the digital strategy for a luxury brand?
Each MBA Project is supervised by an HEC Paris faculty advisor.
Participants are required to:
- Complete a learning plan report and a final report on the project itself
- Defend the results and recommendations through an oral presentation
Project seminars are mandatory for all MBA Project participants. They are focused on giving participants all the necessary tools to carry out their project successfully. Teaching a combination of hard and soft skills, students will be coached on how to identify and target individual problems in an organization and how best to address them. Furthermore, students will reflect on what they hope to get out of their MBA Project, and how the experience will assist them in their future career.