Word on the street is that HEC Paris and IBM are working together. Indeed, we are excited to announce that HEC Paris and IBM are collaborating on an academic initiative that will provide Business Analytics training to our MBA students, helping them to develop core analytical skills that will prove essential in becoming tomorrow’s business leaders. This initiative will feature a number of new courses for MBA students in the Strategy Specialization, with students being exposed to IBM proprietary technologies, engineers, and data scientists throughout the course. This world-class curriculum on Business Analytics was launched on the 16th, 17th and 18th October, as the MBA course on Business Analytics and Big Data kicked off.
By building stronger analytical skills, our MBA students will be able to tackle complex business and societal problems such as predicting and better understanding customer buying trends, optimizing organizational design, collecting and processing competitive intelligence, building an efficient healthcare system, improving retail sales, or helping brand managers gather critical feedback on the success of a marketing campaign. With plans to expand across the curriculum over the coming years, the future of the HEC-IBM Business Analytics Initiative looks bright, with plans to introduce a series of new courses such as Big Data, Strategy Simulation Modeling and Decision Models, Data Mining, Strategy Analytics, Prediction, Social Media Analytical Tools, and Data Visualization in the pipeline. The course itself will be supported by a series of guest-speakers from IBM who will be visiting the campus throughout the year to interact with students. The provisional list of IBM speakers who will be visiting us here at HEC Paris during the course of the year reads as follows:
- Alain BENCHIOU (France): President IBM France
- Didier BARBE (France): Vice-President, Marketing and External Relations IBM France
- Katharine FRASE (US): Vice-President and CTO, Global Public Sector
- Douglas DOW (US): Vice President, Business Analytics Transformation
- Emily PLACHY (US): Past-President IBM Academy of Technology; Distinguished Engineer, Transformation Analytics
- Arnold GREENLAND (US): Distinguished Engineer at IBM
- Maureen F NORTON (US): Distinguished MI Professional, Executive Program Manager, Business Analytics Transformation
- Sigrid LENTSCH (Austria): Global Leader Growth Play and Strategic Learning Initiative, Smarter Analytics Enterprise Learning Leader
- Josiane GAIN (France): Executive Manager IBM France University Relations
- Hammou MESSATFA (France): Government CTO IBM Europe, Government Sales Leader
As students of the IBM-HEC Paris collaboration, participants will receive privileged access to IBM technology, course materials, training and curriculum development, as well as the opportunity to collaborate further with IBM researchers and developers on innovative future projects.
Whilst constituting a vital part of our Strategy Specialization, the HEC Paris-IBM initiative has been structured to teach students vital analytical skills that will help them to prosper in any given sector. Indeed, the initiative has been designed to help meet the current need for business managers with analytical training – a need that exists in most industries today. HEC Paris is leading the way in the promotion of Business Analytics in Business Schools, as we work to transform the business world and how our students perceive it.
These welcome sessions were just the first step in what we know will be a fruitful and longstanding partnership.