27 October 2014

Thomas Negrel

HEC Paris MBA, Class of 2010

With pre-MBA experience in the French armed forces, Thomas Negrel was looking to change careers. He had strong managerial and leadership experience having previously worked as a French Gendarme and SWAT team leader. He joined the HEC Paris MBA in 2008 but was initially unsure of a specific career path. “I decided to take the big step and join the MBA program, not really knowing what I wanted to do, actually, not having any idea what I wanted to do.”

With an open outlook during the fundamental phase of the program, he had a revelation. “I really loved my Corporate Finance teacher, and I decided that since I understood the subject, that it could be a good path.” This initial interest in Finance eventually led him to accepting a post-MBA job with French bank BNP Paribas in Mergers & Acquisitions.

Since graduating in 2010, Thomas regularly finds himself returning to HEC Paris. Seeing that many MBA students were curious about careers in finance but unsure about how to get a foot in the door, he worked with the Career Management Center to develop a “Finance Bootcamp,” which he now teaches. This introduction to the world of finance gives the students an opportunity to discover more about the field, the types of jobs available, the varying hiring processes and how to network.

Thomas has recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where he is now working as Vice President of Mergers & Acquisitions for William Blair & Company.

Click here for the full profile.

Write a comment