Dear MBA Applicant,
You’re courageous and inspiring. You’re taking the first steps in a new direction and we believe you’re looking at the best place to explore this.
An MBA at HEC Paris will push you outside your comfort zone. It’s awesome and daunting at the same time, and that’s where we can help. We’re happy to give tips to help your profile stand out and to increase your chances of acceptance into the #1 MBA in Europe.
- Get to know us! Check the website for campus visits and fairs. Get in contact with current students and our sophisticated alumni network. Ask questions! Discover if HEC is the right place to take you where you want to go.
- GMAT / GRE: Like any sport, be consistent in training. Aim for a balanced score between the quantitative and verbal sections.
- Essays: Give yourself time to write. Be honest, be yourself (don’t oversell yourself!), and have at least one person read over them for objective feedback on content and grammar. Don’t rush to meet a deadline. It’s better to apply the following month than to do a rushed job. Feel free to use the optional essay (#6) in the application to clarify or add anything.
- Recommendations: We prefer to hear from references who know you well (ideally a recent manager). Give your references plenty of advance notice to fill in the recommendation forms.
- Interview & Presentation: Your interviewers will have read your application, so do not repeat things that you have already covered. Stick to a 10 minute limit. The subject matter does not need to be professional, but the way you present should be. Research your interviewers ahead of time and be able to answer precisely: “Why an MBA?“, “Why now?“, and “Why HEC?“
We’re here to help. If you can’t meet us in person, get personalized feedback from our team by submitting your Candidate Profile.
Click here for more information on the Admissions process, including admissions criteria and deadlines and how you can meet our team around the world.